Wednesday, October 2, 2013

#020 Thank You/Evolving the Blog

When I started out on this venture of writing the Diary of a Mad Coach, my only intention was to be read by family members and former players in hoping to stay connected to coaching, teaching, mentoring, and writing during my year as a stay-at-home daddy.

With over 1500 page views in the past 6 weeks, this enterprise has become bigger than I ever expected and a humble but enjoyable experience.  I've learned a lot and know that I will continue to find my voice as I evolve the blog and my own writing style.

It is in that evolution that I hope to not become stagnant and bored.  With that said, I have decided to make some changes to the blog that will hopefully allow my creative juices and gumption to grow while not boring you, my readers, to death.

Beginning next week, I will begin writing 5 days a week (most weeks) with each day representing a different theme and writing perspective.  I know I will lose a lot of you if I continue to write about post play and basketball fundamentals each and every day, so I am looking forward to diversifying my writing to keep me happy and you reading.  Here's what I hope the week to look like:

Monday:  College/Professional Sports Editorial
Tuesday:  Leadership/Philosophy/Politics/Career Mentoring Perspective
Wednesday:  Basketball Fundamentals
Thursday:  Coaching Editorial
Friday:  Movie Review (Fun Friday!)

Since I have no editors (but myself) or anyone telling me what to write or how to write, this plan may change, and you may ask me to change (I'm all ears to recommendations and topics you would like to see me tackle!).  In the end, I hope you continue to find something profound, significant, educational, or provocative once a week in my writing.

Thank you for the great support so far!  I'll do my best to keep you entertained and thinking!

FYI - If you'd like to read my sister-blog (literally, my sister Sue is the writer), please check-out www.daringtoaskwhy.blogspot.com.  If you are the curious type who is always questioning the dynamics of our world, you will definitely enjoy her perspective.


Matt Rogers
Twitter:  @madcoachdiary

No comments:

Post a Comment